Authors are invited to submit abstracts of papers for presentation in the Technical Programme. These should be of original and unpublished work. Commercialism in manuscripts, presentations, or visuals will not be permitted. Papers will be allocated to oral and poster sessions by the Technical Programme Committee (TPC), based on authors' wishes, overall evaluation, and limits of the time schedule.
Euro PM2021 planned presentations will be recorded (20 minutes scheduled for each paper) and available online for the whole event. Poster presentations will be in allocated topic zones and will be on display for the duration of the event. The manuscript for all accepted papers should be no more than 6 pages and must be submitted through the online procedure by Wednesday 5 May 2021.
Attendees will be able to connect from all over the world and experience the same high-quality content as an in-person conference via presentations, discussion panels and some Q&A sessions.
The presentations papers from the web event will be published as usual and the proceedings will be available for sale in October as originally planned.
When assessing submitted papers, the TPC will consider:
- The originality and novelty of the subject
- Critical study of a process, or a product in the course of development
- Study of the effects of fundamental scientific results on R&D
- Description of industrial achievements
- Technical/economic analysis of processes
- Comparisons with competitive processes or products
Abstracts should be submitted using the online submission form between November 2020 and 20 January 2021. Abstracts must be between 100 and 150 words in length and give sufficient information to allow the TPC to evaluate the proposed presentation.
Please note abstracts submitted after 22 January 2021 will not be accepted.
Abstracts can be submitted on the following topics:
- Powder production
- Consolidation technologies
- Compaction and Sintering
- Field Assisted Sintering Technologies
- AM beam based technologies
- AM sinter based technologies
- Other consolidation technologies
- Ferrous materials
- Non ferrous materials
- Light materials
- High temperature materials
- Functional materials
- Hard metals, cermets and diamond tools
- Other PM materials
- Other applications of PM
- Tools for improving PM
- Test and evaluation
- Secondary operations
- Design and modelling
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Other tools for improving PM
The text of all papers will be refereed by members of the TPC and they reserve the right to reject any paper that does not meet its evaluation criteria. The inclusion of a paper in the final programme will also be dependent upon:
- The submission of the manuscript by the official deadlines
- The receipt of the transfer of copyright agreement
- The presenting author completing their delegate registration and payment by the official Authors' deadline, Monday 16 June 2021
Note to Authors: All costs relating to Congress participation, including registration (special rate for authors), travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses, will be covered by the author.
- November 2020 : Abstract Submission Opens
- 20 January 2021: Abstract Deadline
- 5 May 2021: Manuscript Deadline
- 16 June 2021: Author Registration and Transfer of Copyright Agreement Deadline